Thanks for visiting our site, in order to make your appointment with us as seamless as possible we’d like to detail a few things.
- Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes early for your appointment, as this gives our staff time to greet you and verify all information about you and your pet.
- If you have it, please bring your pet's previous history from your regular veterinarian.
- Please don’t bathe your pet for 2 – 3 days prior to the visit, as this can remove many of the clues we need to identify the cause of the problem.
- If allergy testing is to be performed some medications will need to be stopped prior to the appointment.
The drug withdrawal times are:
- Steroid injections: 6-8 weeks
- Oral steroids: 4 weeks
- Antihistamines: 2 weeks
- Topical (including eye and ear drops) containing steroids: 2 weeks
NB we can still see your pet and start the investigation even if these medications have been given
At each visit our veterinarians will review your pet’s medical records, response to therapies administered and perform a thorough dermatological examination. Additional tests such as cytology, skin scrapes, blood work, cultures and histopathology may be required to further the investigation. We will then discuss the different treatment options available.
We understand that many of the concepts are difficult to initially grasp and that different diseases may have been discussed during the consult. This can all seem a little overwhelming and hard to digest. So, once the examination has been completed, detailed client instruction sheets, along with additional information on the various diseases (investigation and expected treatment outcomes) will be given to you. This information will be forwarded to your local veterinarian so that they remain key partners in treating your pet.
If you are coming to see our team for the first time please download and bring the following two forms:
If you would like to book an appointment simply click the “Book Appointment” below to complete an online form.